Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Something to think about

Well, I have been faced with an opportunity, and it came time to make a decision. I am confident I made the right one. I was considering taking a double-major in Animation/Art History. I had to ask myself what I want most of my BFA degree(s).

The answer was simple: I want to ANIMATE! I came to this school because I have the dream of being able to see at a great story told on screen and say, "Look at what you were a part of. You made that!"

If I am to be accepted into a studio, then I need to be at the top of my game. My work is decent, but I have a lot of growing to do. This semester was demanding and although I got things done; I didn't experiment with the mediums as much as I should have. Why would I slash my time and keep my portfolio from being the best it can be? Dividing myself between two majors just isn't logical at this point.

Plus, I can always get an Art History degree/certificate after finishing up with the BFA.

I just need to stay on top of my game and really push myself to devote every moment I have to my animations! So, blogging isn't doing that right now. God Bless and here's a fancy animation for you to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment