Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Abstraction in Motion #2 - Autobahn

My second abstraction in After Effects was inspired by my childhood memories of driving through the underground tunnels of the Berlin highways (Autobahn). Since I was always in the passengers seat, I remember seeing the reflections of the overhead lights move along the windows. I'm not totally satisfied with results. I was hoping to push the three-dimensional qualities of the work by having the tunnel bend as if the vehicle is making a turn.
This is the best reference video I could find to support my childhood memories. Realizing how many passengers don't know how to hold a camera correctly made me feel better about my digital work. (Schadenfreude) 

No comments:

Post a Comment