Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Monday, October 3, 2011

Collaboration Complete "Great Fugue ~excerpt"



This project has been a work in progress for roughly three weeks now, and I'm very pleased with what we came up with. I owe a good portion of the success to Kelly Major, a sophomore at the Kansas City Art Institute. I composed the after effects animated punctuation and did some of the pastels based on the animatic she generated. Kelly then put together a carefully timed slideshow of the pastels for the atmospheric feel in the background. The music is a twenty second excerpt from Beethoven's "Great Fugue". Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment