Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Monday, March 21, 2011

Learning Experience




Good news. Bad News. I have progressed rather nicely with the construction of my puppets. They are ready for paint detailing, clothing, hair, etc. The basic set is also complete. Unfortunately, there is not going to be any space available for me to shoot the actual stop-motion animation with a set this size. So, this project will have to be put on hold until the summer. This certainly wasn't a wasted effort, but it's unfavorable that I now need to take the time to develop a different idea for my final this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment