Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stop Motion Puppet

This was my first test with Dragon. I desperately wanted to get some time with my puppet and and the new Canon Rebel's Doug got us. The set's all torn down and packed up, but here's the product of roughly five hours work. Glad I'm not shooting my final under florescent lights. So much flickering!
The puppet's not finished, but I wanted to get a feel for how the paint job looked while it's in motion.

Stop-Motion Puppet from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment