Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ball Under Layer

The preparation stage has been completed for my "Bouncing Ball" project, and I'm happy to say that I have   the four seconds animated at a preferred speed. Below I've included the: spacing test, path of motion, and the first four seconds played on a loop.

Spacing Test- I roughed out some spaces and placed a coin at each point (shot the animation) and got a feel for the speed the ball would move at. I decided that each bounce should average 17-18 frames.
sorry, the scanner didn't want to keep the drawing straight that day.

Path Test- Originally, I wanted to use a simple racquetball court for the environment, but I felt it didn't offer enough visual interest. So, I drew out my under layer path and numbered, in order, where the ball hits the ground.

Animation, I know the ball's hard to see. It's starting far back in perspective. It's in the top left of the screen.


Bounce Test #2 from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment