Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No More Mr.Sadman


I could hardly believe it. It was only my second week back at KCAI and I had already threw myself into a phunk. I had all these drawings finished at the end of the summer and thought I'd have them colored by now. I was letting it get me down. I was bumming because I also hadn't found any time to dig back into hand drawn animation.

Then amidst my self-induced suffering, a savior spoke these words, "Loosen Up Man". Studio truly is the greatest place on earth. I figured I had to take the time to draw, because I just wasn't enjoying my 3D-Modeling stuff.

VIOLA!! I let my pencil fly and something wonderful happened. I began drawing rough sketches that had more life to them then my neat and clean illustrations. You'll be seeing a lot more of these speedy "fun" drawings. I think I finally found my niche with drawing.

About time I beat that bad attitude. I'm no fun to be around when I get sulky.

No comments:

Post a Comment