Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Thursday, September 8, 2011

DoozerStick


DoozerStick from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.

 After constructing a 30 second sound track, we (Richard Konradt and I) swapped sound tracks with another group (Erica Wester and Amanda Freeman) and created an animation based on their track. This is the animation we produced using the other group's soundtrack. The sand animation is masked out of its original setting and is layered over a photograph montage animation. I'm very pleased with the final product, and I plan to use the movements we studied to further develop my sand animations and evolve this idea into a complete film.

No comments:

Post a Comment