Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Maya Interface Guide

I put together some personal reference material to help me navigate Maya. I felt I shouldn't keep it to myself. Enjoy

A. Menu Bar 
B. Module Pull-Down
C. Status Line
D.History
E. Rendering
F. Shelf (Tabs / Keys)
G. Tool Box
H. View Panels (Orthographic)
I. ChannelBox
J. View Buttons
K. Layers
L. Time Slider / Playback Controls
M. Help Line
Cartesian Coordinate Plane: how we navigate 3D Space by use of a grid and X, Y, Z axis.
The Four Functions of Maya: Animation, Modeling, Dynamics, Rendering!
Three Modes of Operation: Hierarchy, Object, Component To Access the “Outliner”, itʼs located under “Window” along the Menu Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment