Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun With Fractals

I will be adding to this post over the course of the week, because I am limited on my uploading capabilities (thanks vimeo, grr). I always try to have a specific visual in mind when creating a fractal. It's important to keep that goal in mind when pushing the software to achieve a certain look.

These fractals are layered so that the final visual cannot simply be generated with a single effect layer. I have always disliked digital work that can be boiled down a single effect. It is almost a trademark of amateur photoshop work when you can see that the final piece is nothing more than a photograph with a single effect from the filter gallery.


Fractal Fire from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.


Fractal water from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.


Fractal Coffee from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment