Doug's Intro

Animator/Illustrator/Student Director

A drawing is an idea. As an animator, I turn ideas into stories.
I am currently a junior at the Kansas City Art Institute. It's been a blessing and privilege to be a student there after earning my AFA at the Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville, IL. I keep this as a journal of my latest projects and explorations in animation.

Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/user4679231
DeviantArt - http://drmeloche.deviantart.com/

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Splash Test #1

This is the first test of the underwater splashdown at the end of the animation. I want this to be the strongest part of the film. Which means I'll need about three times as many bubbles, more movement variety in the follow through, and the splash needs to cover a wider area of the screen.

Plus, water doesn't close in on itself as quickly as shown here. I need the very beginning of the splash to "jellyfish" and slowly to rush into fill the space.
I do have the timing of things down pretty well, though.

Splash Test #1 from Douglas Meloche on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Again dude, I love your work with effects. Such good stuff.

    ReplyDelete